Friday, February 12, 2016

Coldest Weekend...

It's Friday on the eve of the coldest weekend we've had so far this year. It's been warmer than usual this year. I've been able to get out more, which is good for me, for my health and my state of mind. It's not that my grief isn't still close with me or that I don't hurt every time I think about Mandy in any serious manner, but I have not fallen into the dark pit of winter like I sometimes do.

I've been doing a lot on swap-bot. I love having my rug hooking and now I've started a little needle felting. Always something new with me. It's in my nature I suppose. It's the thing that has always kept me going and made me feel alive - the learning - the new experiences... it's all part of who I am and what makes me tick.

As I write this night I ache inside... Salina is in the hospital - there is deep rooted trouble with Brittany and Marlene. I am acutely aware that there is more than one way to lose a child.

It's so cold tonight that I can't get warm no matter how many clothes I put on or how close I sit to the kitchen. But this too shall pass.. the earth will warm again and spring will arrive in all her glory.. summer will follow in lush greens and deep blue waters...

No comments:

Post a Comment